1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My First Eggs!!!!! help!!! Who was it???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Iheartchicks<3:), Jan 20, 2011.

1. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    I was cleaning up the coop today, and i looked over and saw a white bump sticking out of my nest box... I thought no. It can't be. I started screaming out of excitement thinking finally. AN EGG! And then i look over, and what do i see in the next nest box? ANOTHER egg!!!! AHHH!!! I ran into my house, my parents thought i had a broken foot or something cause i was screaming!!! I was so excited...

Here they are! : [​IMG]
    Next to a white store bought egg

[​IMG]

The culprits...

Was it this one? I dont think so... he's been crowing and mating.. lol [​IMG]

This one??? He's pretty big and manly for a hen... [​IMG]

This one??[​IMG] [​IMG]

I think its this one... i know she is a hen. She is super tiny. Just like the eggs?? hmmm...[​IMG] [​IMG]

Or this one...? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All of the culprits :

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  2. F50myster

F50myster Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2010
    Central Coast
    most of your pets are boys but two girls the white one and the brown one...the white one probably laid the egg im thinking the brown one lays brown eggs...nice EE roo

3. gordonburrito

gordonburrito Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Mid-Missouri
    The eggs look white so the hen with the white ear lobes [​IMG] What a good girl!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  4. BillickChix

BillickChix Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2010
    Valparaiso, IN
    Adorable! It's got to be your white one. The third pic down could be a hen, but the rest of them look like males.

5. Lisa202

Lisa202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2010
    Long Island NY
    Isn't it great to find eggs??!!! One of mine just started laying last week and it's so exciting to look in there and see an egg. The other day, we lifted the nesting box lid to look, and there she was actually laying an egg. It popped right out and it was all warm! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    You have a lot of Easter Egger cockerels there. [​IMG]

The white one with the black specks (California White) is your culprit. The brown girl will lay brown eggs.

7. Iheartchicks<3:)

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Thanks guys!!! I assumed it was the white one [​IMG] yeah if any one wants a roo.. hah!

8. Iheartchicks<3:)

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    is the reddish one 3rd one down the brown one ur talking about?? The fattest one i have got! Its huge. Her/his name is nugget!
    Quote:

9. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    CW laid those, and I think that you only have two girls.

10. Iheartchicks<3:)

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Who are my 2 girls????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by