My first eggs YAY Me :)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by StormyMoon, Jul 13, 2010.

1. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    My CM , BO and EE started laying eggs this week and this is what I got

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking, I am so excited this is our first time raising chickens ............

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Oh, those first eggs are SO eggsciting! I have four new "of age" girls and two of them have recently started laying. I'm so thrilled! One is a bantam Cochin and her eggs are SO CUTE.

Honestly, I enjoy gathering eggs every day. I always thank the girls for them (since there are several breeds laying different colored eggs, I can usually tell who laid which egg). It doesn't get old.

Congrats!

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats! Looks like they decided to sync up their cycles!

4. StormyMoon

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Quote:Thank you!

Yea I can see how it won't get old I love going out there and checking them. I love the different colors...I have a BC but she isn't egg laying age yet so I can't wait.
    We have been giving them treats for laying eggs like watermelon, strawberries, crushed peanuts not every single day but when we reach very hot days it helps keep them cool.
    I haven't heard them do the egg song yet though, our rooster does it I never expected that from him lol.

5. TurkeyMountainChickens

TurkeyMountainChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Central Virginia
    Yay! First eggs are so exciting! Congratulations. It sounds like you'll have a nice colorful egg basket!

6. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    pretty!

I'm growing [​IMG] waiting on mine...

7. StormyMoon

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Quote:You will get yours soon [​IMG] I know the waiting is crazy I hated it too

8. chicknduck

chicknduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    Congratulations. So happy for you.[​IMG]

9. alaskachick

alaskachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Wasilla, Alaska
    So glad for you. I am looking forward to my first eggs anytime now.

10. StormyMoon

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    I believe the CM and the BO eggs are fertile, but I wasn't sure till I checked one it had the bulls eye deal on the yoke, but the thing is my rooster is an EE ? I think so I don't know what kind of chicks they would give me or what they would look like here is a picture of the rooster I call him an EE but I am not sure if thats what he is someone said he may be a Americana but I have no clue how to tell the difference...... His feathers are pretty though

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by