My first ever hatched chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by maisie, Apr 8, 2009.

1. maisie

maisie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2009
    UK
    Out of 12 eggs that we put into our home made inci on 15th march we have 2 live chicks.
    One a black silkie and the other unknown but with beautiful markings. It has a mainly dark grey body with ginger cheek patches, cream underbelly and throat and white wing tips and bum puff. It is now i day old and very alert.
    The silkie seems to have developed splayed foot so we have made a brace for it from pipe cleaners to hold the legs closer together. We found this idea on ine internet and it is standing up more now and has begun eating at last. It is almost 36 hours old and was in shell for over 24 hours.
    Here is a pic of the stronger, unknown one

[​IMG]

2. firedove

firedove Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Fitzwilliam NH
    [​IMG] congrats on a successful hatch! Your chick is a cutey. Do you know what breeds you put in the bator? That would narrow down what that one could be.

3. maisie

maisie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2009
    UK
    Quote:we had 12 eggs, 9 of them had breed written on the side, 3 had nothing, guess what hatched, 2 of the 3 that had nothing on them [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Congratulations!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    WHat a cute little baby!!!

6. firedove

firedove Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Fitzwilliam NH
    [​IMG] That does just figure! Try the what breed or gender is this forum for IDing your little one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by