My first Forum and chicken coop

NavyChickens

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 30, 2014
Owens cross roads, Al.
Hey everyone just wanna say I am very excited about my first coop it gets cold and Maryland so I am concerned about that. I am in the Navy and will be back home in Alabama in a year, but until than bring on the cold just built me a house from scratch defiantly cost more than I figured, but if anyone had any advice on lighting or feeders or waterers or anything please let me know thanks.

R/
NavyChickens

R/, welcome to BYC. Stationed near Annapolis? Temperatures in Maryland are quite 'chicken friendly' - they carry their own winter insulation. Given a well ventilated, dry coop they will be fine.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/housing-and-feeding-your-chickens

Hi :welcome
Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your new coop. Hope you find the above link usefull for watering and feeding advice it has some great articles. Be sure to ask any questions you may have about your chicken journey, everyone here to help.
Wishing you the best of luck :frow

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

Last edited:
Hey everyone just wanna say I am very excited about my first coop it gets cold and Maryland so I am concerned about that. I am in the Navy and will be back home in Alabama in a year, but until than bring on the cold just built me a house from scratch defiantly cost more than I figured, but if anyone had any advice on lighting or feeders or waterers or anything please let me know thanks.

R/
NavyChickens

Hey Navy..... Thanks for your service to our country..... Mouse over my profile and click on threads started.... I searched this forum for 1 year before starting my build... Some of the build is a little excessive but the material was repurposed..... enjoy.....

Dave

Back
Top Bottom