My First Hatch A Long

Discussion in 'Quail' started by BWQ, Jan 21, 2012.

1. BWQ

BWQ New Egg

Dec 16, 2011
    Eddy, Texas
    I locked down 97 Bobs on Thursday nite. It looked like all but 23 eggs were developed, from what I could tell with my spotlight! As of this morning, I have 14 healthy chicks in the brooder. I expect a busy hatch day on today through tomorrow. I can only imagine how busy I will be with 80+ chicks...keeping my fingers crossed! I will try to get some pics posted later with an update.

2. [​IMG]

3. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    fun fun!, i'm actually got some due to hatch sunday/monday got 87 cot eggs, i havn't candled any yet so i got no idea. wheres the photos!

4. BWQ

BWQ New Egg

Dec 16, 2011
    Eddy, Texas
    It has been an exciting day so far...up to 55 chicks in the brooder and eggs are still getting circles cut into their tops. Funny how they hatch in cycles. I can go 2 hours with only one chick then all of a sudden a dozen start hatching. I am off to town to get supplies to build a second brooder! I will post pics later of my large covey!

5. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    better hurry, getting late(unless your west cost lol) yea, i've found that like, walmart/target w/e carries the best brooders, the rubbermaid tubs, big, safe, easy to clean.

6. BWQ

BWQ New Egg

Dec 16, 2011
    Eddy, Texas
    Up to 77 chicks
    with 20 eggs still in the hovabator! I would have never imagined this good of a hatch rate on my first attempt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. bfrancis

bfrancis Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    Okmulgee Co, Oklahoma
    Nice hatch! [​IMG]

Like your brooder too...

Again, congrats on a super hatch!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  8. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps