My first hatch!!! Baby silkies!! 75%hatched... YIPPY! PICS!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Spunky~Chick~Mom, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Spunky~Chick~Mom

Spunky~Chick~Mom Chicken Crazed!

May 7, 2009
    Mississippi Delta
    Here are 3 of my first hatch.. Silkies that i bought byc member. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another pic of them... one has a little dried blood on it... this baby had a hard time hatching! But seems fine! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

All 4 of them!!!! I am so excited!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This little one has a mis-shaped head. But is acting like nothing is wrong. I am just going to watch it carefully. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I started out with 6 eggs from jenlynn4 and now i got me 4 new fuzzy butts!! 1 partridge, 1 cuckoo, 1 bbsplash and 1 buff!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  2. wyo-helpmeet

wyo-helpmeet Songster

Apr 23, 2009
    West TN
    Oh how cute! I can't wait til I'm in a position to hatch myself (yes, the addiction has begun!!)

3. Spunky~Chick~Mom

May 7, 2009
    Mississippi Delta
    Thanks!!! I can't believe that i have spent all my life without chickens! Ha ha! I am glad my co workers encouraged me to try it out! (Cause I thought they were crazy!)

4. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    I'm on bator watch now. Only 6 more days til mine should hatch. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the two I see veins in actually hatch! [​IMG] I can't wait to see my babies! Yours are adorable. I love Silkies!

5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Misshapen head?
    Are you talking about the Vault on the one's silkies head? That's supposed to be there! LOL
    [​IMG]

6. Spunky~Chick~Mom

May 7, 2009
    Mississippi Delta
    Quote:Really?!? I don't mean to sound dumb, but I am when it comes to silkies. [​IMG]

It is a mass not fuzz. the others dont have that. and my one that is 10 week doesn't either.

7. Spunky~Chick~Mom

May 7, 2009
    Mississippi Delta
    Quote:Thank you . You got silkies in also??? I will be sending you good hatch vibes!!!

I have salmon favs and welsummers going in this weekend.... Plus a hatchery order coming next week.

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Spunky~Chick~Mom :

Quote:Really?!? I don't mean to sound dumb, but I am when it comes to silkies. [​IMG]

It is a mass not fuzz. the others dont have that. and my one that is 10 week doesn't either.

LOL, Silkies have a vault or opening in their skull. Real nice Vaults normally produce good Topknots. But it does cause some problems if they really wack their head, but this is a Silkie thing. So as Silkies go, that one is one of the more desired types. [​IMG] You will get ones with big ones or hardly any at all when you hatch eggs, it just depends on the parents and genetics.​

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  9. Spunky~Chick~Mom

May 7, 2009
    Mississippi Delta

LOL, Silkies have a vault or opening in their skull. Real nice Vaults normally produce good Topknots. But it does cause some problems if they really wack their head, but this is a Silkie thing. So as Silkies go, that one is one of the more desired types. [​IMG] You will get ones with big ones or hardly any at all when you hatch eggs, it just depends on the parents and genetics.

ok chickenzoo... you rock!!!

I was kinda concerned.... thanks!!

I believe it is the cuckoo colored one that has it!

I get smarter and smarter everyday thanks to you byc peps!!!

10. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Your welcome. Their is sooooooo much to learn with chickens. Who ever said chickens are easy??????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: