1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

My first hatch Im so proud

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mommiex2xx, Jul 16, 2010.

1. mommiex2xx

mommiex2xx In the Brooder

Jun 24, 2010
    Ok so this was my first time ever incubating anything. I put 26 eggs in and I got 21 live chicks the other eggs were not fetile. Im so proud of myself. Even after having to take them with us to the beach cause noone here could watch the bator they still hatched. There so cute but have no idea what kind they are. There almost all black with a little yellow

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Crowing Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Congrats and great job hatching! [​IMG]

3. Liana

Liana Songster

Mar 9, 2009
    Southern NH
    Congratulations! 21 out of 26 is really good. Where is the yellow on them? What do their feet and legs look like? Where did you get the eggs and what color were they? Pics of the chicks would help ID them.

4. mommiex2xx

mommiex2xx In the Brooder

Jun 24, 2010
    Im going to get pics later but they were differnt colored eggs like green dark brown peach etc. There yellow is under side and under wings. I also have a few that are totally differnt looking than the others Ill get pics up later.

5. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Crowing 9 Years

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    very nice. hope they're all pullets

Rancher

6. Wow! You did a great job! That is a very good hatch, congratulations on your babies! [​IMG]

7. justtoni44

justtoni44 Songster

Mar 13, 2010
    oregon
    Congratulations....and now the fun begins.
    It is good that I am retired.because I spend hours a day just watching these little guys.............
    Happy for you ..such a great hatch.

8. newlyweds

newlyweds Pearl of the Prairie

Mar 12, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    Congratulations!! That's wonderful I hope to have a hatch half that good one day. You must post pictures!!

9. crossedwires

crossedwires Chirping

Jan 19, 2010
    excellent results for a good hatch!! the best bit is you get that same feeling even after youve hatched many millions of chicks over many many years. impressive first time try at hatching hope the rest goes as smooth for you and enjoy the wonder of watching them grow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: