my first hatch of: 2009

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by americana-chick, Jan 20, 2009.

1. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    well its that time of year again! i have desided to through some eggs in the bator! my last hatch didnt end out to great..... but i sure hope this one will! i am just worried that the temp is way of.... but i just put them in today so will the temp being to high for just alittle bit when they first go in be ok? i sure hope everything turns out ok! they are do to hatch: 2/13/09 i put them in on: 1/20/09
    today is day 1!!

thanks!
    ~Bri

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Don'T you have a gauge to check the temp?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  3. americana-chick

Jun 18, 2008
    Quote:yes i do but, it was off a bit. i fixed everything though and now the temps are right, the humidity, and everything is going smoothly. hope i get a lot to hatch!
    BRI

4. RonnieAtkeson

RonnieAtkeson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2008
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    Good luck, i hope you got it worked out. What kinda chickies you trying to hatch?

5. americana-chick

Jun 18, 2008
    Quote:i am trying to hatch out: 4 banty eggs and a mixture of large eggs including EEs, RIRs, black sex links, BOs, BRs, porcelain d'uccle bantams and more!
    thanks
    ~Bri

6. americana-chick

Jun 18, 2008
    does anyone know if its ok to open the incubator for a short amount of time when chicks try to hatch? (starting at day 18)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by