My first hatch of 2011 - day 19

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rock Wyandotte, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Rock Wyandotte

Rock Wyandotte Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    Newbury, Vermont
    Haven't hatched in my bator since last March! I'm really excited about this one because most of these eggs are my own - 8 Welsummers and 6 Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas. Last time I candled on day 17 all the Amer. were alive and kicking and the Welsummers were too dark to see anything. I'm home today in this big snowfall and I can't help but look in on them about once an hour.

2. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Good Luck! I'm sending u good hatching vibes. [​IMG]

3. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    How exciting! Do you have your camera ready for all of us that don't have incubators, and have to hatch vicariously through other BYC members? [​IMG] Hourly report please!

4. Rock Wyandotte

Rock Wyandotte Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    Newbury, Vermont
    Thanks, mstricer and SunnyC! I will take pics as the action occurs to post for you!

5. cboois94

cboois94 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2011
    Milton
    Wishing you the best of luck! I am doing the same as you with checking on the eggs every hour![​IMG]
    So far we have Six beautiful chicks, Two Bantams, One FBC maran, 1 Buff Orpington and 2 Araucanas! But one of my poor Arucana chicks cnat bare weight on its left leg [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by