My First Hatch of 2019!!!!

ChickenPalace123

Songster
Feb 1, 2018
I have a Brinsea mini advance 1 it can hold 7eggs and works great. I have incubated on and off since 2015. Last year I had a started hatch of 18 chicks.
This year will by first year of pure bred hatching. (that is not this hatch) I have 3 roosters: a blue cchin, a partridge cochin, and a quail D'anver. I have cochin hens of both colors, a mixed breed from last years hatch, and a belgian bearded D'anver. my friend is incubating some of the eggs for me and has 11 in her incubator. I have seven but only one is due to hatch soon. the closest eggs to hatching are going into lockdown today.

KIMG4544.JPG

here are the 9 that hatched! 3? have beards 1 has a rose comb. 1 is clean legged. the rest are feather legged. 1 is pure partridge cochin.
for the past 2 years I have been experimenting with feather sexing. last year I had 90% accuracy.
from the feather sexing I have 3 (possibly 4) pullets. and defiantly 5 cockerels. sadly all of the (blonde) chicks are sexed as cockerels.

KIMG3477_01.JPG
KIMG3474.JPG

my guess is one of these two hens is the mother of the blonde chicks. and I am guessing that the blue cochin roo is the dad.

Back
Top Bottom