My first hatch, thank you guys (Pics)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Crippledturkey, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Crippledturkey

Crippledturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Poplar Bluff, Mo
    I set 11 eggs for my first time incubating, and I have had an awesome hatch, 9 out of 11 are so far alive and 7 are in the brooder. The other two did not hatch yet as they were not due to hatch until tomorrow. I am grateful to you all for posting on here you questions and ansering them, as I was able to read years of expieriences and have my first hatch success. Should change my name to ChickenDaddy now lol. Thanks again. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here they are in the roaster, they look so confortable there.
    [​IMG]

Here they are all nestled and snug in their brooder.
    [​IMG]

2. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    There really is nothing quite like hatching chicks. It's such a miraculous thing - and quick, too. Just 3 weeks - amazing. Congratulations on such a successful first hatch!

3. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Shouldn't they be a little bigger before they go into the roaster? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. michelleshenhouse

michelleshenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Slidell, La
    [​IMG] They are some cuties!!

5. Crippledturkey

Crippledturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Poplar Bluff, Mo
    Quote:Went to take them from the bator in the house to their brooder out in the machine shop, and just grabbed the first thing that they would not jump out of for their transport that I saw, and did not realize until after the picture and they were brooding what I grabbed, I was just so excited. Just went to check on them and they all ran up to me, it is amazing how much tamer chicks are when ya incubate them, and in just a few hours they run up to you greet you compared to feed store chicks. I can pick them up without any trouble, the feed store chicks would be running around squaking murder. Anyhow thanks again, will let ya know how the roast goes, LOL

6. GrannysRoost

GrannysRoost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    Quote:Went to take them from the bator in the house to their brooder out in the machine shop, and just grabbed the first thing that they would not jump out of for their transport that I saw, and did not realize until after the picture and they were brooding what I grabbed, I was just so excited. Just went to check on them and they all ran up to me, it is amazing how much tamer chicks are when ya incubate them, and in just a few hours they run up to you greet you compared to feed store chicks. I can pick them up without any trouble, the feed store chicks would be running around squaking murder. Anyhow thanks again, will let ya know how the roast goes, LOL

Congrats on the hatch! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. KandiandJerry

KandiandJerry Chillin' With My Peeps

congrats on the hatch....[​IMG] careful very addictive

8. keckels

keckels Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Quote:LOL - you beat me to it.

9. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    So cute!!! CONGRATS and wow what a successful 1st hatch!!![​IMG]

My first couple went to the brooder either in my pockets or in my shirt [​IMG] , then when hatches got larger I started using a hand-me-down Microsoft tote bag. Whenever I transport to the brooder (or from the brooder back inside for cuddling) I sing a song I made up to them... "poultry in a pocket!" (it's the same words just over and over again--I'm weird)

10. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by