My first hatch with my broody~PICTURES

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CajunChick, Oct 18, 2009.

1. CajunChick

CajunChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    I received my chicks on Mother's Day from McMurray Hatchery and they have been doing GREAT! Well, 3 weeks ago one of my buffs went broody. She got her clutch together and this morning we had 2 fluffy chicks emerge. She is still sitting on 4 eggs, so we will see what happens. I'm new at this..but I LOVE it [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  2. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    They are so cute! Congrats!

3. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    Hi also got my chickens from Mcmurray and I have 13 eggs 5 have pipped how long did it take for your chicks to hatch out im dieing here waiting

4. CajunChick

Mar 25, 2009
    Thanks! I think they are pretty cute too [​IMG]

Not sure how long it's taken them to hatch. I try not to bother Jolie...she's a fiesty mama. They were due to hatch yesterday and did so sometime between 4:30 yesterday and 8:00 this morning. She won't get off the nest, so I'm assuming she hears something that I can't. I really hope more hatch today.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  5. CajunChick

Mar 25, 2009
    Well, no more of the eggs hatched...she got off the nest to tend to her babies. I checked the eggs, and 3 seemed to be ready to hatch..I guess she didn't stay on the nest long enough. The 2 babies are doing very well. I was wondering if I should move the Jolie and the babies to the brooder. The hen house if full and I don't want anything to happen to the chicks. I have a cage around them..but the chicks can fit through the fence..they run in and out. Suggestions?

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    How cute! Congrats!

7. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Quote:20-21 Days

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by