My First Hatch!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by minikeeper1143, May 8, 2009.

1. minikeeper1143

minikeeper1143 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2009
    Northeast Louisiana
    As of 10 PM last night I set my first eggs in my new incubator. As I mentioned in another thread, my pregnant eggs (13 Cochin and 16 Welsummer) are being gently rocked to life in the incubator. [​IMG]

I am so excited and my two grandsons and I will be deligently watching and caring for the eggs. Our hatch date is May 28 and would love to hear from other newbie's sharing this time frame. (Would really love to hear from some "not so newbie's) that could help guide us. [​IMG]

Take time to do the things that make you smile to yourself!

Carolyn

2. Wanabefarmer

Wanabefarmer Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2009
    Stilwell Oklahoma
    I hope you get a 100% hatch!
    My wife and daughter got to see one of ours hatch last night. My wife is scared to death of birds but really enjoyed watching them hatch.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Good luck. Hope you get all 29.

4. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    Good luck.
    I just set some last night from Majestic farms.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. minikeeper1143

Apr 16, 2009
    Northeast Louisiana
    [​IMG] Thanks for the replies and good wishes. Will be fun to have someone to compare notes with until "Hatch Day".

Almost through day 1!

I have been out watching my older chickens and they make me laugh. Such fun!! 2 barred rock, 2 red sexlink, 2 rhode island red, 6 white leghorns.

Chicks coming from McMurray Hatchery in July and now the eggs.
    I've gone "Chicken Crazy" Is there a chicken addiction support group????

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. PhlyinPheBee

PhlyinPheBee Poodles, Chicken, Goats--OH MY!!

Mar 11, 2009
    Northeast Louisiana
    I am hoping for a 100 % hatch too!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be getting some of the chicks!!!! I hope.

1 day down!!!!!!!!!!

7. Caleb x49

Caleb x49 Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2009
    Illinois
    cool i cant wait till mine start laying

8. Feathers Acres

Feathers Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    Congrats! (Lol pregnant eggs, love that [​IMG] )

9. minikeeper1143

Apr 16, 2009
    Northeast Louisiana
    [​IMG] It is 1:39 in the morning and guess what, I am up checking on the eggs! My humidity dropped into the 30's earlier tonight and I added water. It was hard to tell how full I was getting it with all the eggs and the turner in there. We had our air conditioner serviced and turned it on and I guess it cut the humidity in the house and the water was low too. It also lowered the temp from 100.2 to 99.8.

We have very high natural "humisery" in Louisiana so I wasn't sure how it would affect the incubator. I kept an eye to see if I would have to take some water out but it it is still at 99.8 degrees and 51% humidity so things are rocking (literally) [​IMG] I love my new Hova-bator 1588!!

It's only been one day!!!!! Wow, It's gonna be a loooonnnngg three weeks!! Hang in there May 28'ers! !00% hatch for 100% of us!!![​IMG]

Carolyn

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  10. LilbitChicken

LilbitChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Just wanted to say, I wish you the BEST of luck! Hope you get 100% hatch![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by