My first Hatch!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by willow_lane, Nov 9, 2009.

1. willow_lane

willow_lane Out Of The Brooder

Oct 19, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Woke up this morning and found that 16 of my eggs hatched over night. The chicks were up walking around and dry. I woke up the kids and we gently moved them to the temporary brooder (an aquarium) . Hope fully a few more will hatch while I am at work today.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  2. Plain_View_Farm

Plain_View_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Central Virginia
    Congratulations. [​IMG]
    Is this your first hatch? I still find it amazing how fast they all hatch and so close together.

David

3. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Awwww! So tiny and,,,,,WET! [​IMG]
    No, they really are cuties.

4. willow_lane

Oct 19, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    They are actually dry. I made sure of that before I removed them from the incubator. Yes this is our first ever attempt at hatching eggs. The eggs were shipped from Flordia (ebay eggs). We set 50 and so far have hatched 16. I can live with that for my first attempt.

5. QuailQT

QuailQT Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2009
    NW PA
    Congrats on your hatch! Our chicks share the same birthday! This is my first hatch and I'm from PA too.

I've been sicker than a dog the last two days and today is day 16 for my eggs. While laying on the couch, I heard this chirping, went and checked in the room and had a quail chick. I was so excited! I've gotten three more since then. Wish I wasn't so sick, so I could play with them! The last one to hatch is still attached to his egg by a very tiny string. I'm thinking that I should just leave him alone and it will take care of itself, right?

When I set my eggs, I placed two in at 10:30pm one night and then 6 more the next day. I was surprised to get four already.
    I'm so excited!
    Good luck with the rest of your hatch!

6. SSS

SSS Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2009
    I have hatched chicks that looked exactly like that! I got a couple that were white! I hope you get feeling better so you can play with them. Almost guaranteed you will have more hatched when you get home.

7. willow_lane

Oct 19, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    So are these Brown Cortunix? When I got them it just said Cortunix quail. they look brown to me. LOL

8. QuailQT

QuailQT Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2009
    NW PA
    Yep, looks like they are all Pharoah (brown) coturnix. All of the eggs that I incubated were from my browns (Pharoah) and they look just like yours.

I have some eggs that I want to hatch from my Tibetans soon too. Some are very dark and some are lighter.

[​IMG]

9. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    congrats they're adorable!

10. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Congrats ! It is exciting isnt it........ I have the same Quail eggs in my incubator now.......I am used to button quail so these look big to me lol have fun [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by