My first hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bogee, Oct 7, 2012.

1. bogee

bogee Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2012
    I set 5 eggs 21 days ago and 19 eggs the next day in the same incubator from my backyard flock. As of today Scooby, Shaggy,Fred and Miss Piggy have hatched. Anxously awaiting to see how the rest do! So far its looking good.I have moved the first 2 to hatch to a brooder as they were dry. Scooby hatched last night and shaggy first thing this morning. Fred and Miss Piggy are in the incubator drying.I have noticed since they started hatching the incubator is getting warmer and I need to fiddle with the wafer thermostat setting. Keeping my fingers crossed!

2. cmfarm

cmfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    Glad to hear things are going as planned. What are you going to name the rest of them?

3. bogee

bogee Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2012
    Lets see we had Shaggy, Scooby, Fred, Daphney, Thelma, thats the Scooby Doo gang on the first set, the rest are Sesame street and Muppets. The wife and granddaughter wrote the names on the eggs and are keeping a log of who hatches at what time!

4. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Temperature shouldn't change as they tach, but humidity usually rises? What kind of incubator are you using?

5. Big A Chickens

Big A Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Palmetto, Georgia
    [​IMG]

6. bogee

bogee Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2012
    I got one from strombergs a $55 dollar cheapy, styrofoam with a heating element.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by