My first home bred silkie chick!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by luvmychickas, Oct 28, 2009.

1. luvmychickas

luvmychickas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Well Monday morning, my first silkie chick out of my own birds hatched!!! Unfortunately, it was the only one that did [​IMG] The other babies I have are 2 weeks old. When I get home, I was planning to take her out of the bator, I waited since she hatched early, day 20, so I wanted to give the others a chance. My other babies are turkens and very sweet. I have a stuffed animal in there but its really sad [​IMG]. I was thinking of just taking one of the smallest 2 week olds and putting it in with my little baby in their own brooder. I just feel so bad. She is sooooooo beautiful!! I am hoping shes a girl, but my luck, probably a boy [​IMG] Any thoughts?? I will get a pic when I get home. She is the most beautiful baby ever!!! [​IMG]

2. Pampered Chicken

Pampered Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    Can't wait to see her. I love my silkies. I have 4 2 week olds right now.

3. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Luck with the rest of the hatch! I combine different ages fairly often. Just watch the older one for awhile, usually they're fine, but not always.

I have my first generation of Sizzles from my own birds hatching, somehow the bantams are different. I EXPECT my standards to hatch... I hold my breath when the Sizzles start to hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by