1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My First Hoop Coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by RhpsPython, Aug 10, 2014.

1. RhpsPython

RhpsPython Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2014
    South Florida
    We finally finished our very first coop today! A lot of trial and error, but I think it turned out okay :). The girls are spending their first night outside tonight! We still have a few things to finish over the next couple days, like proper roosting bars and finishing up the perimeter apron. Feedback is more than welcome!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CHICKLOVER69

CHICKLOVER69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2014
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Looks good. Hope to finish mine in a few days. Lot more work and money then i planned. Mine are almost 4 weeks old. wondering they best age to move them outside in the coop. They are in a brooder in the garage right now. Temps get in the mid 70's at night to mid 90's in the day. How old are yours? Congrats on finishing the coop. Step ahead of me

3. RhpsPython

RhpsPython Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2014
    South Florida
    They are doing good! I was a little worried about the heat, but they seem to be okay and stick to the shade.
    They are outside at now 7 weeks finally. Putting them outside was a must! They were getting antsy being in their brooder in the house, and I was getting a little tired of the dust and mess, so we did 90% of it over one weekend. Next time we will do it in the winter, forget August!
    And I have to gush, I was so proud of them tonight! The first night was a circus trying to get them back into the little temporary "coop" within the coop, but tonight I went out there and two of them were already roosting on their little branches ready to go! [​IMG] So smart (for chickens).

4. CHICKLOVER69

CHICKLOVER69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2014
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    GOOD DEAL. HOPE TO FINISH MINE THIS WEEKEND. FINGERS CROSSED

5. umar noor

umar noor New Egg

Aug 14, 2014
    Mine will be finished in about Two weeks I have planned my coop I'm building a small one for about four chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by