My First Incubation!

ChickenGirl555

Crowing
5 Years
Oct 22, 2017
Wisconsin
My Coop
My Coop
I'm currently on the second week of my first incubation! I forgot to start a thread earlier, and I'll post more pictures once I get home, but I've already seen eyes in 4/5 of my eggs! They're all polish mixes from my own flock since I'm curious to find out what traits and colors and all that that come through! I'm so excited since the 21st day will be March 11th, but it's a Monday and I want to be there so I'm hoping some hatch a day early so I can keep the humidity up 24/7! My incubator is auto-turning and has been keeping temperature and humidity well, if anyone wants to know what it is I can private message them the link to it on Amazon.

Here's an enhanced picture from one of my Buff Orpington eggs, and I have 2 roosters so I'm not sure who the father is...I candled this morning, since this picture is a few days old, and the embryo has doubled in size! This egg is the easiest to see through, but I DID see some eyes floating around in the 3 Barred Rock eggs that are incubating...
edit: The picture was glitching so it's down in my reply..

Last edited:
How exciting! Let me tell you, it's taking a LOT of effort for me to not buy an incubator. Hatching sounds like a lot of fun! I'll be looking here for updates. :)

Egg Embryo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom