my first incubation!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hcammack, Jan 3, 2010.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Hey guys just making this thread so I can keep you all up to date about my first time hatching chickens in a bator! I got a bator a few months back and now that I sold my LF flock I have lots of room for more Faverolles. I set 4 eggs from my Faverolles flock and they are due on the 19th! I am setting a big set of shipped eggs from Hattricksilkies they should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday. They will be more Salmon and Blue Salmon Faverolles and some BLRW bantams for color. Now that I have two sets of eggs I bought another incubator at TSC today to use as a hatcher. I am really excited my favs eggs look good and hopefully the ones from hattrick will arrive in great shape and develope well. I will probably do a big hatch from my own eggs and another 18 from another faverolles breeder. So lots of babies here hopefully [​IMG] I will keep you updated on candeling and hatching on this thread and I will add lots of pictures if (fingers crossed) they hatch.

2. Apprentice_egger

Apprentice_egger Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2009
    Morrisville, Vermont
    Good Luck [​IMG]

3. blessedchickenmama7

blessedchickenmama7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Western NC
    Good luck and I'll be following your thread to see how things go. I'll be starting my first one this week!

4. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Thanks everyone looks like a couple of my faverolles are developing I am going to wait to toss the clears until the second candeling. my BLRW and Hattrick Fav eggs should be shipped on Wednesday and hopefully get here on Friday or Saturday. Both bators are holding steady and I am trying to work out any problems I might have now before I set alot of eggs. The LG is holding steady at 102 with humidity hight enough for a hatch and both of the vents open so thats good news! The Hova bator is whiring away with 4 fav eggs inside and holding steady at around 35 humidity and 102.

Thanks,
    Henry

5. JCoogle

JCoogle Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck and Beware. Incubating is very addictive and the temptation to check on them is overwelming.

6. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Ive been checking the temperatures mulitple times a day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by