My First Mini Fridge Incubator

spc13b

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 13, 2013
Goldsby, OK
I am starting my first mini fridge incubator. So far all I have is the light wired up. I am not sure if where it is located is a good spot for it. The light bulb thats in it is not the one I will be using. I was just using that one to test my wiring skills. I am also going to buy a hot water heater thermostat to use for the light. Any information to help me a long with this would be greatly appriciated.

I didnt have my fans installed and I was trying to get my thermostat adjusted. I was having like 9-12 degree swing. I installed my fans yesterday and I am running 98-100. I have my thermostat installed 1.5 inched from the bulb.

I have modified my water heater thermostat like the instructions say but I am still having issues. I am going up to 100.2 F and kicking off. That is fine. It drops to around 93 F before it kicks back on. Anyone have any ideas?

Hey nice incubator I had to put my thermo stat in front of my fans I will let u know how I make out

I also ended up changing my bulbs from 75 watts to 40 watts that seemed to help with keeping the temp steady

I finally have it stabilized. Light on at 99.5 and light off at 100.2. I ended up installing a wafer thermostat. I was having way too much trouble with the modified hot water heater thermostat.

I finally have it stabilized. Light on at 99.5 and light off at 100.2. I ended up installing a wafer thermostat. I was having way too much trouble with the modified hot water heater thermostat.

I have tried the water heater thermostat in the mini fridge incubator, and it didnt work for me either. I had to switch to a wafer.

Back
Top Bottom