My First Pair Of Pigeons!!!!

4HillsSumatras

Songster
10 Years
Jul 17, 2009
Rural Hall, North Carolina
I got my first pair of pigeons today!
woot.gif
They are red mottled spainish pouters. Darren yang brought them for me.I wil post pics tomorrow after church.

lol.png
Here are the pics of my new Picas!!

One of my hens.
36989_dscf2881.jpg

Extra hen he gave me!
36989_dscf2877.jpg

Cock bird.
36989_dscf2876.jpg

Better pic of my hen on the nest.
36989_dscf2875.jpg

Breeding pair together.
36989_dscf2873.jpg

Looking forward to hatching some birds soon.

Does anyone know if I need to keep feed in the coop with them all the time like the chickens or feed them once a day for a short time?

My Experience With Pouters Croppers Feed In Front Of Them All The Time . Reason Being One Will Always Gorge Themself And Then You Have Begining Of Scour Crop . Water At All Times And Really Important During Hot Weather . I Fed Mine Pellets If And When I Got Sour Crop Was Much Easier To Empty There Crop Had Norwich That Are Really Bad Of Over Eating And Drinking To Much . One Other Thing Theifing Pouters Are Very Aggresive With Other Birds So Indivuals Breeding Pens Are A Good Idea No Extra Birds Should Be Housed With Breeding Birds.

Feed them twice a day, as much as they want for 10-20 minutes. That will prevent them from getting too hungry and gorging themselves. And it'll also prevent them from getting too fat and lazy. If you feed them 24/7, then you won't be able to call them in once you let them out to fly.

Back
Top Bottom