My First Potholder

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by pw_quiltworks, Jul 19, 2010.

1. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    I finally made one. It's my first one. It's a little crooked in the picture but not too much. I plan to block it tomorrow and put a loop or ring on it. Do you think I should put it on the corner or in the middle? It's paper pieced. Not an easy block. I found it very hard to make. I don't know where I got the pattern from. It was a scan from somewhere. I might make a silkie next and use the comb as the muff and the waddle as a beard. Just a thought. Took me a whole day to make the block and another to quilt and put binding on it. Well it actually would have been just one day but I do other stuff. I have 3 quilts going at once plus some little things. I need to put an eye on it. Maybe a french knot. Been awhile since I have embroidered anything.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. thefishery

thefishery Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    omg i love it!! you need to give me instructions!! i've always wanted to learn to quilt, doing something like this is just too awesome!

3. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

It's gorgeous. What a talent you have!!

I would put the ring on the corner, but that's just me.

Thanks for sharing!
    Em

4. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

And your doilies on your artwork page are breathtaking!! Are they your own designs??

Em

5. pw_quiltworks

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    Thanks. I thought the corner too. My next one will be a cow.

6. pw_quiltworks

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    Quote:Yes some of them. Thanks

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I love it!! I spent part of today trying to make potholders and didn't get it yet!

8. suzyq53511

suzyq53511 Drowning in Chickens!

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    I wish I knew how to use my sewing machine like that! I can only make pillows! LOL!!!!!!!! HAHAHA [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    That's really cute! You did a great job on that....mind if I copy it? Your choice of colours are perfect too. [​IMG] What's on the back? I'm being my nosey self!

10. pw_quiltworks

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    Quote:This is just a sample block so it's the same as the front background color. Thanks. [​IMG] I have to ask...is that a necklace on your bird in the avatar picture? Or am I just having one of those days again. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by