My first Quail is a Male Bobwhite, right?

TwoCrows

🌻🐣🌻
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 21, 2011
New Mexico, USA
My Coop
My Coop
Yes, that is a male bobwhite. I would not mix quail with any other poultry, especially chickens as they can carry diseases that can kill quail. Also, birds you just received from a swap can carry diseases as well.

TheJadeChicken

Songster
9 Years
Apr 27, 2012
Saline County, Arkansas, US
Yes, that is a male bobwhite. I would not mix quail with any other poultry, especially chickens as they can carry diseases that can kill quail. Also, birds you just received from a swap can carry diseases as well.

Thank you. The Naked Necks were outside, but it was getting to color for them. I will get another cage from my sister's house, and put them in it. :)

RunningRabbit

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 10, 2012
He's a very pretty quail. I'd love to have a bobwhite myself, but found out I'd need to pay $50 a year for a game bird license to be able to have one. So button and coturnix for me!

BTW, when you say you got him at a swap, does that mean you traded something for him or just paid for him? I've been to reptile shows and have bought reptiles much cheaper there than anywhere else. Is it the same for a poultry swap?

TheJadeChicken

Songster
9 Years
Apr 27, 2012
Saline County, Arkansas, US
He's a very pretty quail. I'd love to have a bobwhite myself, but found out I'd need to pay $50 a year for a game bird license to be able to have one. So button and coturnix for me!

BTW, when you say you got him at a swap, does that mean you traded something for him or just paid for him? I've been to reptile shows and have bought reptiles much cheaper there than anywhere else. Is it the same for a poultry swap?

A bunch people bring animals to sale and such. Probably some trading.

Top Bottom