My First Sebastopol Eggs of the season are in the bator! Woohoo!!!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by JordanFamily, Feb 8, 2011.

1. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    [​IMG] I just put my first 8 eggs in the incubator. My Sebastopols haven't started laying yet so a friend that has some pretty curly whites gave me these eggs to hold me over.... Wish me luck!!! I'm going to keep two and sell the rest so if you want babies in a month let me know... I sex mine.... Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!... Oh and next month I'm getting my cabinet incubator so will have lots more hatch out then when I have the room for more!!! It's sooo eggciting when laying season begins isn't it!!!

Sebastopol eggs, goslings... Love those curly feathers!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  2. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    I am jealous.

Sebbies are so beautiful.

3. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    [​IMG]

4. shellrae7

shellrae7 Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2010
    Pleasant Grove, UT
    Very pretty bird!
    Hey, can I ask you some hatching questions?
    I will be putting my first Sebbie eggs in the incubator (ever) tonight or tomorrow, and I DON"T want to mess things up.
    I can hatch chicken eggs fine, but I would love any advice you can give on goose eggs.
    I did try to hatch some goose eggs that were given to me last year, but had no luck. They were older eggs though, about 10 days.

Should I spray them every day? And do the cooling period?

Can you give me a quick tips session on successful goose egg hatching?

I want to have these turn out.

Also, my geese are in their first breeding season, were hatched last spring, and my male is active. but I've heard that they may not actually be fertile the first year. Is this true?
    I have 5 total, at least one male, maybe two. NOt sure if I have a second one yet, because only one is being protective and breeding.

Here are two of mine last summer.

[​IMG]

Thanks so much!
    Shelley

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by