my first showgirl hatched!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by klf73, Sep 4, 2008.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Ok, I have to admit when I first saw them I said NEVER, but as I watched post after post here, they grew on me [​IMG] . I got some eggs from someone in the same state as me (burntumber). Well 9 made it to the hatcher and the very first one out is a showgirl!!! I am not sure of the color, I will take some pics as soon as it dries and the kids are in bed [​IMG]
    I can't wait to see dh's face [​IMG]

Krista

2. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    bummer , I grabbed one to candle real quick and saw no movement, so I popped open the top and it was to big to get out. I then decided to candle them all real quick (non-pipped). second one, same thing. So I popped the remaining non-pipped. 3 had no veins, just stuck(size wise), membrane came right off and they were happy to be out. I have 2 that pipped themselves that we are still waiting on and one I made a small hole that is big but not ready. The 2 that died were showgirls [​IMG] but the other 3 I helped out are showgirls too. Now I'm wondering if the last 3 are too. I think 3 are blue and 1 white. Will definitely do pics soon

Krista

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by