My first silkie!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by kairismama, Nov 14, 2013.

1. kairismama

kairismama New Egg

Nov 4, 2013
    I found this site to be very useful when I picked out my chicken breed and info so I thought I should post about my first silkie! We're picking her up on Saturday about two hours away :) the owner says she almost as small as the Olandsk dwarf roo in the back of the photo but not sure. What's your opinion on my soon to be silkie!?

Here was her size comparison photo of her...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I think you have fine Silkie! Congratulations! And welcome to BYC!

3. kairismama

kairismama New Egg

Nov 4, 2013

Thank you :) I'm excited to take her home!

4. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    She is really pretty! I just got a new silkie today too!! My silkie is about 2and a half months old. She is just a baby! Here is her pictures. her name is penny :)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    I think you will really love having silkies!! I know I do! I'm sure she will bring great joy into your life!!! Silkies are loving and sweet and gentle. What will her name be? She is very lovely!! I just love white silkies!!Congratulations!! :) show more picts when you get her!!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  6. kairismama

kairismama New Egg

Nov 4, 2013
    Your silkie is adorable! So fluffy! Congrats! I want to name her bonsai :) might be a little weird to others but I love the name. How is the noise level on silkies? I own a green cheek conure and she can be noisy at times when she's being a diva and demanding things but the silkie will be my first so I'm clueless! Also crazy for silkies I noticed your from California, so am I!

7. kairismama

kairismama New Egg

Nov 4, 2013
    We picked her up up yesterday and we're starting to get her settled in. She's very sweet! She's my first silkie so I was hoping to get some tips on picking them up and holding them? I'm not very good at it lol. I guess I get scared of her flapping around and hurting herself. When you pick them up is it best to do it quickly? I think I'm doing it too slow maybe? Any tips?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by