My First SilkieXFrizzled Cochin (and friends!) PICS

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by koakritters, Jun 15, 2011.

1. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    So the one good thing about my white silkie being a roo is that now i can have have lots of silkie Xs! This little one is the first proof that he is now old enough to be having babies. [​IMG] Dad is a white silkie, mom is a grey standard cochin who is not frizzled, but obviously carries the gene for it!

[​IMG]
    "Hi!"

[​IMG]
    "Look at my funny feathers growing in."

[​IMG]
    Denali the guard dog going, "Too close, too close, get away from my face!" (that's my 1 month old silkie with them, fingers crossed it's a girl!)

[​IMG]
    Now that they are all curled up for nap time, Denali's much happier!

It still needs a name though... Hatched May 21 and still no name! That's a first for me, normally names are already picked out before anyone is born...

2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    They're beautiful! Congratulations [​IMG]

3. ginger c.

ginger c. Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Alabama
    they're beautiful! how'd you keep the dog from eating them?

4. koakritters

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    Denali LOVES them! She's been like that since she was a baby, i got her her first chick at 3 months old, and she has been their best friend ever since! She raises them all for me now. Keeps track of them outside, lets me know if someone has escaped their cage indoors, she just loves being with them. If they get scared they run to her, and she gets worried if somethings wrong with one of them. I had a sick one pass away a couple weeks ago and it was in its own cage on the ground and she stayed by its side for a long time whining and nudging it trying to get it back up. She wouldn't dare do anything to hurt them. Now my duck on the other hand, and the wild geese, they are there for her to chase and harass, but not her chickys! [​IMG] you tell her to "go find your chickys" and she's off hunting them all down and herding them back where they belong. [​IMG]

5. koakritters

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    here's a 3 month old Denali with her first chick, a 3 day old Golden Comet who we still have [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. iBoodle

iBoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2011
    Idaho
    [​IMG] I think that is the cutest thing I have ever seen!

7. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    Hi just wanted to say LOVE your chicks but your dog is so awesome!! I to have frizzles. Just love them. Recently got a black one to go withthe brown and white one but got one the is half silkie half frizzle. I think they call them SIZZLES. I am really excited to see what it will look like grown. My brown and white are 4 1/2 months old.

8. scrange79

scrange79 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2011
    California
    adorable....wish I had a sweet doggie like her....

9. koakritters

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    thanks! [​IMG]

10. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Quote:WHAT?? NO PICS?? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by