My first SPCA chicken!!!WTHeck is she!?

Justino

♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫
12 Years
Dec 21, 2007
KY
omg i couldn't resist her so i got her. Her name is Ms Henny and she is very pretty and is having some trouble finding her place in my girls pecking order but hopefully she will have it all worked out soon ^_^

here she is
big_smile.png

100_2368.jpg

100_2371.jpg

what breed do you think she is? SPCA said she isn't laying and isn't molting so she is probably under a year.....

oh and stay tuned to see her being introduced to my girls....its uploading but i must warn you- if you don't like seeing chickens setting up the pecking order then you may want to consider not watching it....

ETA the vid
tongue.png

Last edited:
i didn't quarantine because the SPCA said they tested her for everything (mites, cold, lice, ect) and i believe them because since i volunteer there i get to see all the steps they take to make sure that animal is ready for adoption. So nope, she is locked in the run right now since the girls were picking on her so im giving her a little break.
smile.png

Quote:
mine has a whole barn area for chickens, pigs, horses, sheep, goats and anything basically
smile.png

so any idea what she is? her coloring looks like my easter eggers but she has a regular comb and yellow legs
hu.gif

Quote:
Congrats on your new baby!

Just keep an eye on the flock. It can take upwards of 30 days for things to show and there aren't many "tests" you can give to show if a bird does or doesn't have something. They are good at hiding sickness and you can't see lice eggs till they hatch. BTW, chickens don't get colds.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom