My first SPCA chicken!!!WTHeck is she!?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Justino, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    omg i couldn't resist her so i got her. Her name is Ms Henny and she is very pretty and is having some trouble finding her place in my girls pecking order but hopefully she will have it all worked out soon ^_^

here she is [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

what breed do you think she is? SPCA said she isn't laying and isn't molting so she is probably under a year.....

oh and stay tuned to see her being introduced to my girls....its uploading but i must warn you- if you don't like seeing chickens setting up the pecking order then you may want to consider not watching it....

ETA the vid [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

You did quarantine right?

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:I hope so. [​IMG]

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i had no clue that the SPCA even did chickens!...mine never has any...[​IMG]...

5. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:Mine either. If I wanted a chick to adopt, I'd have to drive 2 hours. LOL

6. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    i didn't quarantine because the SPCA said they tested her for everything (mites, cold, lice, ect) and i believe them because since i volunteer there i get to see all the steps they take to make sure that animal is ready for adoption. So nope, she is locked in the run right now since the girls were picking on her so im giving her a little break. [​IMG]

7. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:mine has a whole barn area for chickens, pigs, horses, sheep, goats and anything basically [​IMG]

8. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    so any idea what she is? her coloring looks like my easter eggers but she has a regular comb and yellow legs [​IMG]

9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Quote:Congrats on your new baby!

Just keep an eye on the flock. It can take upwards of 30 days for things to show and there aren't many "tests" you can give to show if a bird does or doesn't have something. They are good at hiding sickness and you can't see lice eggs till they hatch. BTW, chickens don't get colds. [​IMG]

10. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

Our humane society has farm animals too. [​IMG] thanks for adopting her!!

No idea on her breed. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by