My first time incubating without the help of a hen! (PICS)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by allaboutdemchicks, Feb 16, 2009.

1. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    I love my Brower Top Hatch. I did the research and called around for recommendations from other breeders. For ME it was the best choice.

Here is a pic of the excitement last night. The neighbor's kids where there to share the fun!!!!

[​IMG]

This is what the kids were looking at.....

[​IMG]

And this is the "nursery", don't you love a kids perspective on a brooder box? Complete with stuffed animals, a doll and a picture of a bird taped to the wall.

[​IMG]

We are still peeping this morning. We are hatching Seramas from my girls, Barred Rock from Mikeeeeee, and Black Rosecomb from Msbear!! This stuff is really hard to leave alone, and I'm as bad as the kids.

I finally join the 'bator/hatching club!

[​IMG]

2. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    That's awesome!! Congratulations on your hatch! Those are some cute chickies!! Oh yeah and welcome to the club!![​IMG]

3. Mikeeeeeeeeee

Mikeeeeeeeeee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2007
    Wetumpka
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which one is RJ?

4. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Oh Mike! RJ is the largest....with the spot on its head and the baby Serama under it's wing! I'm betting its a boy!! All four of your Barred Rocks have hatched now. Mark is sooo proud of them!

5. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    Love it!!!! I enjoy our brower top hatch as well. The kids really like it, so easy to see in!

6. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    YAHOO! Isn't that great to have the kids all be able to watch them hatch. Congrats on the new family members.

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

That's so neat. Love all the kiddos around the incubator [​IMG]

8. OhioEggs

OhioEggs Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2009
    Springfield, OH
    What type of bulb. I need to replace it in mine. Can you please email me a link to what it looks like?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by