My first time...we have pips and peeps!...(pics)..day 22

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Steve, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

Well, here I go.

I received a phone call very early this morning telling me my eggs had arrived at the post office. They were packaged with care and no damage at all. I'll be saving the box and all those bubble wrappers to send some back.

I got 1 doz. BBS Orps and 1 doz. Red Orps from Miss Prissy. I also had asked my neighbor for some fertile eggs he might have to fill up the bator.

The 24 closest to the camera are MP's and the remaining 18 toward the back are the neighbors....lettered "S" and the white eggs.

Hova-bator has been holding a steady temp of 99.9 the last two days, with a humidity reading of 42%......sometimes 44.

[​IMG]

Miss Prissy has a number/letter system on the eggs. Looks like a 1, a R, and either a M or 3. If you read this Angie, would you mind telling me what those denote?

[​IMG]

So......wish me luck!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  2. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    hope you have a good hatch, and when they do pic's are a must. keep us updated. william going to be a long 21 days. lol

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Looking good! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. sewincircle

sewincircle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Central New York
    I am sending happy hatching vibes your way!!! I hope your hatch is a huge success!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    New chicks are on there way.

6. Chipper

Chipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Washington County, NY
    Good luck,hope you have a great hatch and don't forget the pics. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. jay1995

jay1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Have a good hatching [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  8. Steve

Okay...question.

The humidity went up to 52% after I had all the eggs in there.....will it come down after a while?

Before eggs, when I was testing.....it was 42-44%

9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:I'm not sure Steve. I haven't paid a lot of attention to the humidity in mine. I just make sure C tray is filled and forget about it.

If you feel like it needs to come down, you can take the vent plug out for a while until it gets back down to where you want it.

10. Steve

Thanks Buster.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by