My Five week old chicks video

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Justin P, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Justin P

Justin P Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2013
    Southeast Virginia
    Well these are my three Buff Orpingtons and two Barred Rocks at five weeks old. One of these Buffs I thought I was going to have to cull because it was just laying there the other day and appeared that it couldnt walk. I think changing from a mash to crumbles made it get an impacted crop because it couldnt walk more than two steps without falling over and its crop was big and hard. I made it drink water and rubbed the crop to the point where i thought i was hurting the bird but this morning, she was running around eating again. crazzy how fast these little guys go from healthy to oh no somethings wrong and then right back to normal.You can see my little crossbeak in the back at one point. Its been the same for about four weeks so i guess she is good.

2. Justin P

Jan 26, 2013
    Southeast Virginia
    you have to right click the link, i dont know why

3. OCpeep

OCpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2012
    Orange County, CA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lookin' good!

4. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa
    hey:

Nice chicks...mine are three days old and they are frighted by everything....Yours are inquisitive and engage with you...that's nice!

5. Justin P

Jan 26, 2013
    Southeast Virginia
    After a week of you feeding and watering them they will think your one of em. They werent thrilled about the camera, the suspect roo is the one that ran right up and started pecking it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by