My Flock In December Weather

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Robert McGaughey, Dec 21, 2010.

1. [​IMG] [​IMG] Boy they liked this weather today, it got up to 48 and they've been out ever sense I opened their door. [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    very nice pictures!! your flock looks nice and healthy!! [​IMG]

3. Aria

Aria Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Photos taken in September[​IMG]

4. [​IMG] Those are good looking birds also. [​IMG]

5. AinaWGSD

AinaWGSD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Sullivan, IL
    Wow, 48 would be like a heat wave here. It did get pretty warm here yesterday though, upper 30's I think, but we still have several inches of snow on the ground. My girls all piled out as soon as I opened the pop door and proceeded to spend the whole day outside. I think they're getting tired of being cooped up, since I've noticed they've been coming out and staying out longer in colder temps than they did a few weeks ago. I'm not even sure if it reached 30* here today, but I'm pretty sure they spent most of the time outside. Either that, or the straw we put down in the run and the tarp and straw bales we put up to help cut down on the wind have just made that big a difference in comfort for them.

6. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Hey, where's your snow??? Don't you get snow there???

My chickens are barricaded up in the coop and the run due to the snow [​IMG]

7. [​IMG] Yesterday it got down in the 20's and today it's supposed to be the same, but they sit came out. Tomorrow will be the real test, it's supposed to snow 4 to 5 inches. They did come out the last time it snowed but it was on a good dust'n maybe like a quarter inch. Anyway if they do get out in it I'll have pics to post. Just don't seem right to keep em cooped up all winter ya know, I'll keep a close watch on em don't want any frost bite.

8. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Wow!! 48!?! My girls were thrilled this week that we got above freezing several days in a row - enough to melt the snow/ice away to expose the brown/green below! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by