My Flock Update with pics Girls or Boys?

hcammack

Crowing
12 Years
Oct 5, 2007
Vermont
Here is my flock last time you saw them they were four weeks old now they are three months old. I have 1 EE 1 GLW 2 Marans and 2 favorrel I am also getting a pair of blue wheaton amerucanas on the 20th (I will post Pics when I get them). These all will live in my chicken tractor with the fence run. PLEASE ALSO TELL ME IF ANY OF THESE LOOK LIKE ROOS THEY ARE 3 MONTHS!(I already Know the Favvorels are hens but what about the rest?)

DSCF1214-1.jpg

Marans and EE

DSCF1215.jpg

Marand, EE and Favorrel

DSCF1217.jpg

GLW and EE
Thanks IN advance

Last edited:
Hey there,

The pics are kind of small (good for dial-up users; bad for getting a good look at your birds), but your Marans look like hens to me. It's only a guess though, like I said, it's kind of hard to see. If you have any Marans that are noticeably lighter in color than the others, those are most likely roos. I'm not very familiar with your other breeds, so no guesses there from me!

You might get a better response if you post this in the what breed/gender forum?

I'll post a pic of my Marans at that age for you for comparison, if I can dig one up...

Ok, here you go. Hen in the front, roo kinda behind her/to the right of her. Another hen all the way in the back. You can see how the roo has a lot more white in his feathers, while the hen is mostly a dark charcoal grey. And the roo has a much redder and bigger comb than the hen, too.

DSCF0073.jpg

Last edited:
Its not working on photobucket and word what else would you suggest for resizing or what might be wrong that would make it so I can resize all of my other pics are normal sized. Thanks Henry

Do you have the original pics saved on your computer, a CD, or thumb drive or something?? Go back to the original picture, double click it so it opens up in the "Microsoft Picture Manager" or whatever program your machine uses. You can resize from there. Or, you might just have to upload the originals to photobucket again. Did you resize them in photobucket? I don't think you can change them once you resize them. But your originals might be fine, just upload them again...good luck!

Here they are there are less but they are better thanks for your help now what would you gues roo or hen?

Back
Top Bottom