My flock

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Critter Crazed, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Critter Crazed

Critter Crazed Chicken Cuddlin' Cheesehead

Jun 22, 2009
    Well, I've posted a lot here and I thought I'd show you guys pictures of my flock! [​IMG]

Here is Colonel, the bantam cochin rooster and then Luna my silkie hen. They're 1 year old now. [​IMG] I hatched them and hand raised them myself!
    [​IMG]
    Here's another picture of Colonel. (pronounced like kernal)
    [​IMG]

I just gave away four silkie hens yesterday.. [​IMG] So they aren't apart of my flock anymore but I'll show you guys pictures anyways.
    This is Lillie.
    [​IMG]
    This is Maddie.
    [​IMG]
    This is Ross.
    [​IMG]
    And this is Frie.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And now I have a box full of teenagers that I'm going to put in with Colonel and Luna very soon! They're about 3 months old.
    This is Riya, she's a silkie cochin cross.
    [​IMG]
    This is Annabelle, she's a silkie cochin cross, too.
    [​IMG]
    This is Drew, he's also a silkie cochin cross.
    [​IMG]
    This is Leroy, a silkie cochin cross cockeral.
    [​IMG]
    And then on the left is Sammie my bantam brahma pullet and on the right is Ginger my bantam cochin pullet!
    [​IMG]

They like snuggles, can't you tell? Haha. I'm sitting on a towel by the way, not on chick poop. [​IMG] I can't help it! Whenever I go in the tool shed by them they look up at me with big puppy dog eyes and it's like they're saying "SIT WITH US!!" Then they all will climb in my lap or on my shoulder or something.

[​IMG]
    Oh, and just for fun here are my two satin bunnies. I took pictures of them along with my chickens lol.
    The black is Charlie and the gray is Chubs!
    [​IMG]

Oh and here's my dog when we gave her a mini mohawk lol. Her name is Jorja (like Georgia) and she's a 4 year old golden retriever who loves her chickens!
    [​IMG]

Thanks for reading [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  2. GlitterKitty

GlitterKitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Cute! [​IMG] I especially love your doggies hair xD When my silkies are older there will be plenty of pictures with them having a ponytail in their hair! lol

3. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! I love them!! Why did you give away your adorable silkies???

4. Critter Crazed

Jun 22, 2009
    Thanks!!! Www wouldn't the pony tail hurt them though?! Haha. And I got rid of my silkies because they would pick on my Luna and always be broody and they were not friendly at all! Plus I had no room so it was either the silkies or my silkie cochins lol.

5. GlitterKitty

GlitterKitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Quote:no i don't think it does [​IMG] I've seen other pictures and it just gets thir fluffiness out of their eyes [​IMG]

6. Critter Crazed

Jun 22, 2009
    That was supposed to be Aww not Www, stupid iPod spell check lol.
    That's a really good idea, I just cut Luna's when it gets in her eyes. [​IMG]

7. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    I KNOW RIGHT. I hate the ipod spell check!! (except when i need it lol)
    aww... naughty little silkies!! hehe!

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I love it!

9. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Beautiful pics! I've gotta show mine too....haven't done that yet.

10. Pet Duck Boy

Pet Duck Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Your flock is looking good liz! So you were right, out of the younger ones you only have on cockeral? Colonel is really nice looking too, but that's a serious stink-eye on the second pic, lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by