My fluffy chicks! Update #2 is up!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickenPeep, Nov 4, 2011.

1. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Octopber 19th was an amazing day for me. It was the day The first chick hatched!! Later, 10 more followed.
    Now, about 2 weeks later, they are fluffy, feathery, balls of joy!!
    I have decided that i'm going to make a thread about them and update as they get older.
    I'm going to try to put them in order of when they hatched, but i don't know exactly the order. To start, i willl post thier personalities, and pics. One of the points of this thread it to post what they're like now, and later when we knoe what gender they are, i can look back at what they used to be like.

P.S: You don't have to read all of this. Also, i know some chickens better than others, so some will have a lot more notes than others. [​IMG]

#1- Bubba
    He is a black silkie.
    He is a little different than the others. His feathers have brown specks, and he is more greyish than the others. His beak is also a little different. It has a greenish-blue tint to it, while the others' are mostly black. Bubba is very sweet. Sometimes, his actions make him seem female, but other times seem male. He is well feathered. He is corageous, but like i said before, a real sweetie. He likes to challenge the biggest chicken.

[​IMG]

#2- Licorice
    Licorice is a black silkie. I reconize by his very fluffy neck! He is always the one peeping loudly when another chick is missing from the cage, which leads me to think he's a roo. He is faily well feathered, but not very.

[​IMG]

#3- Unamed chick
    I really don't know much about this fuzzball. He likes to kick around at the bedding very much. He really gets into it, almost like a dance! [​IMG] He is very well feathered.
    [​IMG]

#4- Sweet unamed chick
    This baby is very sweet. She falls asleep on me so easily and is very calm. I don't have a name for her yet, but will think of one soon. She likes to kick at the food bowl. She dosen't freak out easily. She is very well feathered. She probably has the 3rd most feathers in the 'mini flock'.

[​IMG]

#5- Wasabi
    I'm just going to start with saying; my brother named this chick!! Wasabi is very sweet. We recognize him by his lighter color. He has a yellowness to his fluff. He is fairly small and came out of a much smaller egg than the others. I'm wondering if he's a silkie bantam. He is active and energetic, and likes to kick around. He is curious and bold.

[​IMG]

#6- Ginger
    Ginger is loud when you hold her. She kinda freaks out too. She is sweet. Other than that, i really don't know much about her personality. Her name is ginger, because she has a reddish-brown sheen on her face. Her beak also has a little red in it. She has medium feathering.

[​IMG]

#7- Ebony
    Ebony was thought to be the same as the others when he came out, but we recently realized that he donen't have silkie feathers. Besides that, he is the same as the others. He dosen't have much feathering and has small wings. He's not as active as the others, and likes naps. But when he is active, he is energetic and curious. He really likes dust baths and kicking around.

[​IMG]

#8- Autumn
    Autumn was the first to pip, but 8th to hatch. She almost didn't make it, and we had to help her. She is a B.B red OEG bantam. She is shy and sweet, but also very fussy. She sleeps a lot. Sometimes she is on the perch. She sleeps a lot, and im worried about her. She sneezes a lot and is now in a warmer cage seperate form the others. Sometimes the gets excited and runs around, but not too much. She is very well feathered. She has full wings, and can fly! The has a decent tail and shoulder feathers.

[​IMG]

#9- Pumpkin
    Pumpkin is absiloutley adorable. She is sweet, shy, and cute! We love her so much! She is special, beacuse all the other silkies are black/grey, and she is yellow/gray! She likes to kich at the food bowl, even if there's nothing in it! [​IMG] We love pumpkin! She has not a whloe lot of feathering. She has a very poofy head, so im wondering what she will look like when she is an adult.

[​IMG]

#10- Spook
    Spook is one of our chicken's offspring. The others' eggs were gotten from a friend. Spook is extremely curious, bold, and energetic. He is not scared of people. He looks like he could be 5 weeks old, but is only 2! He is constantly on the peerch. He loves to be held. He often challenges Bubba and other chickens. He is hardly afraid of anything! We just love him! He will perch on your shoulder. He had a comb and watttles wwhen he came out of the egg!He is huge.

[​IMG]

#11- Doodle
    Doodle is also one of out chicken's offspring. He is a little yellow fuzzball. He is very laid back and sweet. He loves to snuggle! He is energetic and curious. We love little Doodle! He is also not afraid of us. He is sometimes on the perch, but not very often. He is behind on feathering. His little wings are tiny!

[​IMG]

I will have updated on the next day or so! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Awww so so cute. congrats on your hatch. I want to hatch my first batch next year.

3. new2chickens2011

new2chickens2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    They are adorable!! I can't wait to start hatching...

4. Featherland26

Featherland26 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2011
    England
    lOVELY CHICKS, Pumpkin is my favourite so far, s/he is soooo cute!

5. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Yes, Pumpkin is adorable! But, wait untill you see Autumn! I will get a pic soon!! [​IMG]

6. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Awww! TOO CUTE!

7. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith &amp; Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Thanks!! [​IMG]

8. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Autumn has bee in her little isolation box for a while. She neened a buddy, so we put Ebony in there with her. They slept all day and seemed ready to go back in with the others the next day.

Autumn
    [​IMG]

Ebony
    [​IMG]

Spook is growing rapidly!! He looks like he could be 7 weeks old! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have found out that Spook nd autumn can both fly very good. Autumn is probably trhe best. It's probably beacuse she has a tiny body and huge wings! [​IMG]

9. Desirai

Desirai Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    Alabama
    precious! I love Pumpkin and Autumn!

10. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Thanks! Those two are pretty posular around here too! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by