My Folks

leochickenmama

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 1, 2011
New Jersey
That's what I like to call them.
big_smile.png

Tiny the Roo and Fluffy the Silver Wyandotte.

5790365115_f4af88a4ae_m.jpg

Tiny with my daughter.

5790921626_963acc2dd4_m.jpg

Tiny again.

5790362949_4aa0794740_m.jpg

Tiny in his natural habitat.

5790900950_554e2e98b5_m.jpg

My pen with its keep out you hawks webbing.

5790341863_db9243224b_m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, we have a persistent Cooper's (I think) hawk that broke through yesterday and got a Golden Comet.

The thing doesn't bother my older girls or my roo, but I had six, now five, smaller hens that the hawk can easily get. One of my Barred Rock babies got hurt on Sunday; if it wasn't for my husband and daughter scaring the thing off, she would have suffered the same fate as the poor GC.
sad.png
She's recovering well, thank heavens. I'll post a pic of her when I can.

I noticed it hangs around in the late afternoon, when the littler ones like to come out.

We reinforced the webbing again, and hopefully, it'll keep this sucker away for good. Hawks are smart. They sit on the coop or the posts and figure out how they're going to attack. It's not easy to counterattack that kind of cunning.

**edited for language. Please do not bypass the censor**

Last edited by a moderator:
wow! i've never had a problem before....but i saw a hawk flyin around a few weeks ago. i wonder why it hasn't gotten any of my girls? they all free range. there's plenty of places in the backyard for them to run for cover. but maybe it's cuz they're all grown? my youngest ones are 3 months old. your poor lil' chickens! you guys are doing great by putting up the hawk deterrent though! irritating suckers! i read somewhere once about all the creatures that LOVE chickens! the guy writing about it said "everyone will love to eat your pet" and boy isn't that right?!

I think Tiny would rather be on his favorite pillow next to the window. I love spoiled house chickens!

Back
Top Bottom