1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My food won't fit in a box

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, May 12, 2011.

1. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

delete

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  2. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    There's no turkey in it.[​IMG]

3. kagedgoddess

kagedgoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    virginia
    Lol. That sounds like my family too. We dont eat fast food or have cable ( or any tv, stupid digital switch) any junk food we have is homemade from scratch. Dh Packs his lunch, a novel idea to his coworkers. Basically we are very "strange" lol. Ppl seem to think its really hard to cook dinner. It takes just as long for me to cook dinner from scratch as from a box. Except pizza. I usually get store pizza but my family would Rather i make it myself.

4. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    we had lasagna last night-homemade!

5. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Last night we had home made pork fried rice ...everyone had 2 helpings and out of the 2 storage tubs of leftovers only one was left this morning [​IMG] and that one has Squishy's name on it [​IMG]

6. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    That sounds like my type of supper. [​IMG] Last night we had BBQ Poor Man's Steak (Porkchops), Turnips (greens & roots) out of the garden, Garden Peas out of the garden, Spring Onions out of the garden, and cornbread fritters.

7. julie75

julie75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Last night we had:

Boneless Pork Loin Roast
    Rice & Gravy
    Frozen Butter Beans from last years garden
    Frozen Cream Corn from last years garden
    Fresh Squash from the garden this year
    and let's not forget the biscuits!

8. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

delete

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  9. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    I'm so ashamed; I usually have a home prepared meal from our own produce etc. I did have a home cooked meal last night----I fried up Spam slices with cheese, and then grilled the sandwiches. (In my defense, I really love fried Spam & cheese)

10. julie75

julie75 Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree with you 100%. I was raised with a home cooked supper on the table every day and that is how I have tried to raise my kids. But this day and age they are happier with a frozen pizza, fish sticks, chicken nuggets, ect. Everyone likes the "fast and easy" version of meals these days. In my opinion it's quicker to fix a real meal than throw some frozen junk in the oven.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by