My forgetful mom....and her poor dog

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by maplesky7, Dec 11, 2008.

1. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Well,
    Today my mom comes to drive my little girl to school. The roads are slick and she doesn't want me driving until we go get new tires... She's going out of town so I will have to pick up my daughter later. I watch her dog and she was supposed to leave her dog with me.
    I look out the window and see my daughter in back, my mom in front, with her little dog sitting on the middle arm rest looking out the window RIGHT next to my mom. So I think to myself...oh well, she'll notice and come back.
    Then I get a call from my oldest sister who is at my mom's house and she calls me to tell me something. I say, what about mom's dog?
    My sister says, she's staying at your house....so keep her.

I say, I don't have her. She's with mom. Sis says, no she's not. I say, yes she is.

They throw the phone down and go look in my mom's car. There she is curled up on the front seat asleep. Poor dog.

So then my sis reminds me of a story about the dog that happened this summer. My mom has my sisters youngest kid, who's a teenage girl. They get in my mom's car and drive off to their destination. My neice asks my mom, "Where's Sophie?" (the dog)

Grandma says, I thought she was with you? Neice says, No, I thought she was with you?

So the dog had run down the road after the car to no avail. turned around and sat in front of mom's home and mom's neighbor saw her but mom came back after a few minutes....

that poor poor dog.

me,
    g

2. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    Aw.....poor doggie. At least you two figured out the dog was in the car. It could've turned into a pup-sickle for sure! [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I think you could write a sitcom g.

4. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    all i'd have to do is write my life...there's your sitcom, debi.

i'm laughing but i'm cryin on the inside.

i know it bammony....but she would have gotten in her car and realized....she's driving to chicago to see my other sister so i'm sure within the 2 hour drive she would have noticed. Sophie hates long car rides, she would have whined and knocked mom's drink down.

That and my other sister would have noticed and ha ha...they'd have to have mom's dog at their house....to terrorize their cats and to get terrorized by a crawling baby.

That'll teach her.

me,
    g

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

HAHAHAHA! I just realized that my dog ate his dog house. I need a new one.

6. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Maybe check moms drink before she heads down the road??

7. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    na...it's not her drink...unless diet coke is funny...which i think it is...yuck that aspartame.

she's always been a lil loopy but now that she's in her 70's...even more so.

me,
    g

oh and deb....i found a chewed on igloo at a garage sale...i bought it for 5 bucks. what's my dog care if it's been nibbled on a little bit?

but my girls play in it more than the dog uses it. and the chickens love when i move it so they can enjoy the slugs that gather underneath.

slug icecream anyone?

[​IMG] la la la la Gretchen land!

8. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:Maybe check moms drink before she heads down the road??

I have to admit, I thought this too, just the way it was worded in the post. [​IMG]

Sophie hates long car rides, she would have whined and knocked mom's drink down.​

9. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    well,
    it's a known fact that a persons drink is NOT safe if left in the car with said dog.

I thought my coffee would be fine. NOPE...we returned to her NEW car splattered with my coffee all over my seat and the floor.

dumb dog.

and she is a whiner...the dog....

my mom hardley drinks but an occasional coctail with friends.

diet coke is her vice.

me,
    g

10. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:You had to clarify that, I was chomping at the bit for my next comment.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by