My "Foster" Chickens from Speckledhen / Barred Rocks /Mace& Girls

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by lockedhearts, Jan 11, 2010.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I got this Flock of Barred Rocks from Cyn last year. Mace has finally healed from his brother Dutch's Attacks.....LOL All the girls look good, but I am asking Cyn's help in identifying them by name, Yes I know I am a BAD Foster Mom......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The ones in front by the wire are my 2 Juvenile girls in with the flock, they are Maces daughters:

[​IMG]

This is the youngest BR Girl: She is still in the barn:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  2. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    That roo lookes proud!

3. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Mace is very Cool! He is a real sweetie and is really good to his girls, he is gonna hate me cause I am getting ready to take some of his girls away and give to my other BR rooster.

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Mace looks so Handsome and Happy! I am so glad he found a great home with you...that mean ole brother of his.

5. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:I Love Macer! He looked rough for awhile, the Goober decided to molt after he came here so he was trying to heal and molting, he looked like he had Mange..... and Chicken Pox at the same time [​IMG]

He is really looking good now.

6. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

You lucky wench! You got one of Cyn's Roo's??!! I'm jealous! Pea Green with envy jealous I tell ya! [​IMG] I want a rooooooooooooooo!!!!!! And babies!! and eggs!! and more babies!! and and and and and a ROOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! [​IMG]

7. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:CJ was my first Roo from Cyn, he is a "mixed" up Blue Orp/Frizzle and something else, he lives with 2 Gold Wyandottes and a Half Buff Orp half Black Cochin hen, he serves no purpose around here other than to jump up and down in front of us and beg to be held.......LOL

I got Mace after he and his brother, Dutch were not getting along, being the sucker that I am and the fact that it is only a couple hour ride to Cyn's I went and got Mace, then Bought hens from her so he would not have to live a Batchelors life......

Then, I went and got Junior, A Black Orp Cockerel, her is a Suede baby and growing out to be very nice......

I am a sucker for Cyn's birds, secretly I think Cyn knows this and posts sad sad stories knowing that I will likely PM her and say...... I'll be right there.......[​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Macer! My Macer! He looks great, Karen, all filled out and studly. You remember how hard it was to let him go-he always was a sweet, sweet boy. It's been a long time since I saw these girls, so I'll take a stab at it. The first pic looks like Margaret. I think the one drinking is Hannah--her comb always tilted over to the left, sort of leaned over and she had a wide-eyed look. The next one could be Holly, but the comb looks like I remember Zoe's. The 3rd pic from the bottom looks like Maddie. That's the best I can do on those. I can dig up old pics of them that were labeled and send them to you or post them here so you can match up their combs and eyes to what they look like now if you want. Just have to dig up some.

That CJ was such a cutie--at the time, I wished I'd had room for a mixed breed rooster. Glad he's become your pet.

9. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:I couldn't remember on Zoe and Hannah which comb went which way.....

What do you think of the young girls? I am wondering if they are Zoe's as they are dark, but the barring is not great.... not sure what to do with them at this point.

I will try to get some more pics of CJ tomorrow, he is such a Good Boy!

10. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    What beautiful BRs, there is no way I could tell one from the other.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by