My (Foster) Dog

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Jamie_Dog_Trainer, May 6, 2011.

1. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    Last week I posted about a GSD puppy, 6 months old, female, that I was trying to foster out of Kitsap Humane Society. Her current name is Shyanne.

Today at the end of my shift I "cage broke" her and brought her home. We can have her for a few weeks, I'll do some training with her. Ultimately we may adopt her, but this decision is so emotional for us after Foenix has only been gone for a month now. I am not really sure I am ready to have another large dog back in the house, especially a German Shepherd. With all that said I think she's got a phenominal temperament, her personality remains to be seen really. Its hard to guage the nuances of a dog in such a stressfull environment as a Shelter. I really really really like her!

She's got kennel cough though...so she's on meds and she's also lost a lot of weight since I first saw her.

[​IMG]

This is where you can really see she's too skinny!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Oh Jamie she's the female version of my Max. We had Max when I was a kid. He was an awesome dog. In fact I was just telling a friend about Max this morning. Thanks for bringing up a happy memory and give Shyanne a smooch from me.

3. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

she's beautiful. What a gorgeous dog!

4. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    gorgeous dog! if she has a good personality, definitely a keeper

5. ChickenFanaticAB

ChickenFanaticAB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    GA
    Her head looks huge compared to that tiny body! She'll look great when she puts on some weight. She is way prettier than most white shepherds, such a nice cream color!

6. melodie_a

melodie_a Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2010
    Sanford, NC
    She looks so much like our Riot. Great dog!

7. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    Quote:I agree that she's got some growing up to do and putting a few pounds of fat and muscle will help too. As far as her color goes I also like the cream, but she's got really bad pigment. White toe nails, pink nose and pink pads on her feet, I don't think I have ever seen a shepherd with such poor pigmentation. But I didn't buy her, so I will take her how ever I can get her. I am wondering with some better nutrition if her pigmentation might get a bit better. And if it doesn't -- oh well, if we keep her, its for her brains not her body [​IMG]

8. zengrrl

zengrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Oakland County, MI
    Bless you for fostering a dog. Even if you don't give her the forever home, the chance you're giving her is priceless. [​IMG]

9. LyonFuzz

LyonFuzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    South Lyon, Michigan
    Wow. She's a beauty. She was lucky to find you:) Do you know her story?

10. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    She looks so natural in your home. (hint, hint) [​IMG]

Thank you for giving her the chance she deserves, wherever she ends up.

You're awesome and she's pretty. (and I am not into white GSDs or white dogs for that matter - I think I just like her expression).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by