My Free Rangers were showing out this afternoon! (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by ColbyNTX, Dec 1, 2011.

1. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    The boys were really showing off this afternoon when I went out to feed. These are just a few of my free range turkeys.

This is Henry my Golden Narragansett hatch from this spring.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the back of his fan and his Sweetgrass buddy.

[​IMG][​IMG]

This is my 2 year old bronze I hatched. He has a lot of Rio Grande in him.

[​IMG][​IMG]

This pair is my 2 goofy Golden Narragansett hens. They follow you everywhere and are just about pests! They jump up on the 4 wheeler or golf cart and ride with me.

[​IMG]

2. FarmerGrant011

FarmerGrant011 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    WOW those are some REALLY colorful males!

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Beautiful, Colby!

4. bigshawn

bigshawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Outstanding, and these are the ones I'm leaning towards the GN as well as some Bourbons Reds............

5. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
    That evening sun really brings out the iridescence on the Bronze. Put a peacock to shame.

6. ColbyNTX

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Quote:The GN's are beautiful birds! I got lucky with mine. I had a mutt hatched a few years ago that grew up to be a GN hen. I bred her back to a Narragansett Tom. The poults were about 50/50 of Narr's and golden narr's. The only bad thing with the GN's is they don't breed true. GN to GN makes GN, N and buff. I am going to breed him with 2 GN hens and a narr hen this spring.

7. ColbyNTX

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Quote:That's funny because the pen they were standing by is about 10 yearling peacocks they were jacking with!

8. bigshawn

bigshawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Quote:The GN's are beautiful birds! I got lucky with mine. I had a mutt hatched a few years ago that grew up to be a GN hen. I bred her back to a Narragansett Tom. The poults were about 50/50 of Narr's and golden narr's. The only bad thing with the GN's is they don't breed true. GN to GN makes GN, N and buff. I am going to breed him with 2 GN hens and a narr hen this spring.

Heard the same thing, I wil give it a try myself and good luck you must keep us informed on your progress with this once again love your Turkeys...........

9. ColbyNTX

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX

Heard the same thing, I wil give it a try myself and good luck you must keep us informed on your progress with this once again love your Turkeys...........

I would go with the GN's if I were you! I have some nice BR's in the barn but they are a boaring color to me and they are bred for eating here. [​IMG]

10. new2chickens2011

new2chickens2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Beautiful!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by