my friend that i cant stand anymore

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by silkielover5, Dec 17, 2011.

1. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    one of my kind of friends lives down the road. we used to be pretty good friends but latly all she very talks about is her...and i will amidt im very jelous of her life. she has everything i have ever wanted. shes been riding horses since shes been 3, she leases one at a fancy stables, shes learning how to showjump and goes to shows (my dream is to learn how to jump), shes super popular at school, shes training a young horse at a stables right down the road from my house, shes in very advanced art in school and gets painting and drawing lessons outside of school. and im to the point that whenever she complains that she couldnt go to her horse show or riding lesson i want to tell her that at least she has horses part of her life!
    my parents are scard of horses and think they are a waste of money. i took lessons for awhile on a horse i loved named cody my dad loved him to, his owner knew i loved him and told me she would never sell him to anyone but me. she also said in the summer i could come ride him no matter what. then a few weeks later she text me saying she got a offer on him and if we dont match it she would sell him. when i asked my parents they laughed and said that he was a big waste of their money....she sold him to someone 6 hrs away. i have since gotten a job and my parents will let me spend my money on anything but horses. i want to pay for my own lessons they wont let me. i got a offer to work at a stables down the road and they wont let me, my teacher tried to get me into advanced art but my paintings were turned down, everything she has i got taken away! i find myself avoiding her now cause whenever she talks about her life i want to cry....thanks for reading this. she came over today and all she talked about was the horse she is training and all about a show she was just at and her painting

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  2. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    [​IMG]

3. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Well there is always someone around who has more than us. But don't let that sour your friendship if she is really a good friend. It is hard to find good friends that stay around.

If you really don't want to have the friendship then that's different.

She really doesn't have much to talk about it sounds like other than what's going on in her life. You can try to talk about your life more and see if she will listen???

4. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    I'm very sorry that your parents aren't supportive of your passion. [​IMG] Have you tried speaking to them? Seeing as it's your money that you've earned, you should be able to spend it on whatever you want! If it involves the fact that they don't want a horse kept on your property, maybe you could lease one at the stables with your money too?

I don't know much about horses at all, but I guess you can do that, right?
    I've been jealous of some of my friends too. (Although not my close ones. I know they'll always be there for me even if things are going well for them. [​IMG]) They always seem to make friends and get what they want with such ease that it just gets me down, because whatever I do a lot of people just don't seem to like me. [​IMG]

I tend to use that as motivation to try harder. It sometimes makes me more determined to get out there and give it my all, because other people have shown that it's possible.

Good luck. I hope something gives for you one day. [​IMG]

5. silkielover5

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    Quote:i tired talking about my life to her shes one of those people where it has to be all about her. my parents hate her they think shes snotty. i agree but i have been friends with her for years now and i guess im just sick of her now but she rides my bus and always sits next to me and as soon as she sits down she starts talking about her life and shes in my 4h group and shes in few of my classes at school

6. Fierlin1182

Aug 26, 2011
    Quote:i tired talking about my life to her shes one of those people where it has to be all about her. my parents hate her they think shes snotty. i agree but i have been friends with her for years now and i guess im just sick of her now but she rides my bus and always sits next to me and as soon as she sits down she starts talking about her life and shes in my 4h group and shes in few of my classes at school

That sounds like a sticky situation. Sounds like she doesn't want to move on. I've known a fair few snotty friends over the years. Sometimes it's just my viewpoint, but if your parents think so too it must really be true. [​IMG]
    How about telling her that you have a headache and you don't want to talk? I find going to the library when I want to avoid someone for a bit helps. Most of the really snotty girls are afraid of going in the library becasue they think it will make them nerds. [​IMG]

7. silkielover5

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    Quote:i tired talking about my life to her shes one of those people where it has to be all about her. my parents hate her they think shes snotty. i agree but i have been friends with her for years now and i guess im just sick of her now but she rides my bus and always sits next to me and as soon as she sits down she starts talking about her life and shes in my 4h group and shes in few of my classes at school. oh and i forgot to say today she brought up cody and said it wasnt a bummer that hes gone because he was a fat and ugly horse. i was like im sorry that he isnt a showjumper but at least i trusted him cause he had never bucked me off, while her showhorse bucks, kicks, and bites. and shes the only one that can ride him cause he wont let anyone else so her trainers sick of him

8. glowgirl

glowgirl Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2011
    Milwaukie
    Oh sweetie, I know how you feel. However, you will be grown up someday and able to make all of your own decisions. You can have the biggest ranch with beautiful horses and paint pictures of them and do what ever you want.........and it will be all the more wonderful because you had to work and wait for it. Use what your friend has to envision a future for yourself. That will give you something even better then having parents who give you what you want. It will give you a goal. I guarantee you that having a goal is MUCH better then just getting stuff. You will see.............

9. Fierlin1182

Aug 26, 2011
    Quote:Very well said! I once heard a quote that goes something like... To travel hopefully is better than to arrive.

I agree!

10. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I think that since you see her all the time you should just try to be peaceful with her presence.

Believe me that after you push someone away and they realize it - it is VERY uncomfortable to see each other.

But you can be "busy" doing other things when she wants to get together for extra things.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by