1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My friendliest baby, Max

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by off-grid hen, May 4, 2011.

1. off-grid hen

off-grid hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Taken this morning, so forgive the messy hair in the photo! As soon as I put my hand in the brooder, Max(ine?) jumps in and wants an elevator ride to my shoulder. If I just leave her down low in the brooder on my hand, she stretches her neck waaaay up and looks to my shoulder. I know she likes me, because she started doing this before I was feeding the chicks from my hand. [​IMG] She's a 2-week old partridge rock hen (I'm hoping.) She arrived with my first batch of 3. (s)he was the first one to come running to investigate, and always was the largest of my 3. Because of Max's behavior, we named "her" max. I am a new chicken mommy, so I know better than to play that guessing game yet, but "she" is also feathering faster than my other two 2-week olds of the same breed. She is my chunkiest chicken!

[​IMG]

2. Mofarmgirl

Mofarmgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    S.E. Missouri
    Really sweet [​IMG] Seems like theres always one of each group of new babies that will decide to buddy up with you. Right now mine is a huge blk cochin baby, about 4 weeks old now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by