1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My friends dominique was attacked and killed today. what was the predator??

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by undine, Sep 10, 2013.

1. undine

undine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2013
    Los Angeles
    My friend texted me that something ate her bird. I came over to see the damages the predator had done to the baby =\, and ooommmmmgggggg. First time witnessing a chicken corpse )':! All that was left was her wings, back, still covered with feathers. the predator ate her head and feet and left the stomach torn open with intestines laying on the opposite side of the corpse; feathers were everywhere. I'm guessing it was a crow..their coop set up looks pretty decent LOL but it isnt secured at all..there is no flooring(any animal that can dig and eassillyy get under), nor something that covers up the top from airborne animals, and leaping/jumping animals. Although Im guessing that the predator that killed the baby chicken was a raven/crow.

2. chickengeorgeto

chickengeorgeto Overrun With Chickens

Dec 25, 2012
    Almost sure that your friend is dealing with a great horned owl or some other BOP.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by