My frizzle roo is being a jerk.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by billiebrat, Dec 9, 2008.

1. billiebrat

billiebrat Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2008
    Altoona, PA
    My frizzle roo is about 10 weeks approximately. He has decided he has to harass the other chicks. I have another little roo that is the sweetest thing and scared to death of the frizzle roo. He is so young to be this big of a jerk. What is the deal?

2. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:He's figuring out he is a roo. It's normal. Things may settle down or
    you may have to eat him.

3. Chickenfortress

Chickenfortress Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    We have a little frizzle guy too. He keeps all the girls from eating, and i strongly suspect him of doing serious damage to one of his girls, peeling her head. He's about to become frizzle soup.

4. chiknwhisperer

chiknwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    Quote:[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  5. Red

Red Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2007
    Our last chicks, we had 4 boys out of 5 chicks that hatched. One decided it was time to play 'big bad roo' when he was about 12 weeks old and started attacking all his brothers. One roo fought back, but the other two were terrified.

We separated him with his sister and left the other three together, and all was fine until they were fully grown and able to be re-homed [​IMG]

6. sandypaws

sandypaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    desert of calif
    FRIZZLE SOUP!!!!!! do you add carrots to that???

my frizzle roo is a big "chicken".... he lives in a large open area with 5 other bantie roos.. always RUNS when they get near.. he is a lover not a fighter

7. phoenix rooster

phoenix rooster Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2008
    Portland, OR
    I'm getting rid of my bantam frizzle roos, they are mean too and they crow all the time! Thursday is their last meal!

8. BuckeyeDave

BuckeyeDave Overrun with Buckeyes

May 27, 2008
    Minster, Ohio
    My Coop
    We had a black frizzle roo with similar problems, he would attack my 3 year old son, when the roo attacked I got all of my kids together and we'd chase him around the farm yard, then he'd be fine for a couple of weeks, it seemed like an endless cycle, so I gave him away when I sold some hens, bye bye roooooo.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by