My Frizzled Silkie...Roo Or A Hen?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Teresaann24, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    My frizzled silkie is 4 and half months old now maybe almost 5 months now. I showed pictures awhile ago when he/she was younger and everyone said he was a he. I have thought he was a he since. I have noticed he is different from the other young roo's.

He has a single comb but has no color to it just blackished colored. Has no wattles. The other young roos his age does.
    I don't have any recent pics of him but here is some of him when he was younger I will try tomorrow or this weekend when the weather is to fair up to get updated pictures.

A Face shot taken back Last month. His comb is a big bigger now but dosent stand up kinda bends together.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is him when I first got him. he was about 6 weeks here.
    [​IMG]

2. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Cockerel.

3. tileman@prodigBird Raiser

[email protected] Raiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    cockeral

4. chickNjake

chickNjake Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2008
    east tn
    I'm not positive... I had a silkie with a sc and I thought it was a roo but it turned out to be a hen so I can't quite decide, I guess I'm not very helpful! [​IMG]

5. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    He is alot bigger now. I need to get some updated pics I will this weekend. Why does he have no wattles?

6. Rebel Chicken

Rebel Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2007
    southern Indiana
    What a beautiful guy! I'm so jealous!

7. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Oh he is even nicer looking now he has passed his gawky stage and is blooimg and feathering in Nice. He escaped on me today and I thought I lost him I was very upset. After looking for him an hour he just slowly came waltzing up to me...LOL I was happy a dog had not got him I was very upset. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by