My Frreedom Rangers at 3 wks.

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by PaStan, Aug 29, 2013.

1. PaStan

PaStan New Egg

Aug 8, 2013
    [​IMG]

2. I can see dinner, 4 months from now. Well maybe 3 if I was real hungry. Great set up. [​IMG]

Wish ya the best.

3. Life is Good!

Life is Good! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    suburbia Chicagoland
    We kept our Rangers until 10wks for the boys and 12wks for the girls. Had roughly 4#8oz to 5#13oz birds. Very very tasty and very good chickens, overall. I like them better than the CX overall.

If you choose to keep the girls after the larger boys, please leave the smallest boy with the girls to 'protect' them. I've never seen a more chicken set of chickens than those rangers were after all the boys were gone. The girls just cowerd in the corners of their run. Pitiful. I'll never do that again!

4. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Thanks for the info. My Rangers are coming this week. Since I will be processing them by myself I will have to do them in batches. I'll make sure to leave at least one male with the group.

5. ms riss

ms riss New Egg

Aug 16, 2013
    These are pics of my freedom rangers at 3.5 weeks. I've had them outside for a week using a heat lamp at night. I've been blesses cause someone has been home all of this time to make sure they're fed. That's changing this coming week when hubby goes back to work. I am switching them over to a 12on/12 off schedule today. I swear most are roos. [​IMG]

6. PaStan

PaStan New Egg

Aug 8, 2013
    Thank you for the info I would have never thought of at.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by