My Funky Chickens..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Aneesa's Muse, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    These are the HOUSE birds ..yes, they reside inside... [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Oberon...

[​IMG]
    Titania..

They're not gangly teenaged mutant feather dusters ...err, not GANGLY... anymore [​IMG]

They both crow ..but I'm still not 100% certain about Tahti (aka. Titania) ..s/he's a mystery for me. Any ideas?

Note: these are the same two 'widdle bits' in my avatar [​IMG]

2. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    I love them! Is the top one called a sizzle? What kind of chicks have they given you?

3. cyanne

cyanne Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Titania looks exactly like my white silkie roo, Trouble. Same comb and everything!

Do you have them wear chicken diapers in the house? I am thinking about getting some of those for a few of my chickies.

4. Aneesa's Muse

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Obe is a Sizzle and Tahti is a Silkie ...they are clutchmates (incubated and hatched the same time, I should say) ..and just short of 20 weeks old [​IMG] No eggs or chicks from this pair [​IMG]

cyanne... does your Roo have a very low pitched, almost guttural, sounding crow? Tahti hits all the beats ...I mean, it's a full Cockadoodledoooo... but it's very muted. Whereas, Obe's is more of a Cockadoooooooooooo ..he misses some beats, see... but very loud ..and getting shrill, as he ages.

Oh ..and yep! They wear diapers!! It's a MUST!!! [​IMG]

We are also working on harnesses ..the H style ...for going in the car with "Momma" [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  5. cyanne

cyanne Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Actually, my white silkie roo that looks like yours has a higher pitched crow. He was the first of my roos to start crowing and at first he was really squeaky. Now he sounds more normal, though still quieter and more high pitched than a regular rooster.

I do, however, have a funky-colored silkie that has the low, guttural crow. When he first started it was REALLY deep and sounded more like someone was trying to strangle him! [​IMG]

He crows much better now, though still deeper than my white roo.

6. Aneesa's Muse

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I think I jinxed Tahti ...as his crowing since I posted this has become louder and more defined [​IMG]

Whatever will I do with THREE roos in and around my house?? [​IMG]

7. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Look at the bright side...You have your very own built in alarm clocks and it they won't miss a beat even if the electric goes out... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by