1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MY FUNNIEST DAY IN THE CHICKEN COOP YET!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by georgiegirl, Aug 30, 2008.

1. georgiegirl

georgiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Rockdale TX
    I cant believe I am about to tell this on myself but I really pulled a funny in the chicken pen yesterday.
    My big layers are separated from my little frizzles, silkies and milles. The fence is 6ft tall but the gate is only 4 ft. So as I am going in to feed the smaller ones from the big girls pen, I bend over and the back of my t-shirt hangs on the top of the fence, pinning me there.
    I am all bent over in the gateway, I reach to my back to try to get my shirt loose from the wire, not happening. I start laughing. The big girls see the gate open...opportunity!!! is all they see. The little birds are starving, or at least they act like it, and are flocking me like crazy. I am laughing harder.
    Bent over...hung up...shooing big chickens out...shooing little chickens in...cant get loose. I feel my pockets for my cell phone, its in the kitchen of course, why in the world would I have it when I need it!
    So I am looking around, yes I live in town, to see who might be there. No one. OK, so maybe just maybe, I could just slip out of my shirt long enough to unhook it from the fence...but then I realize it is my bra hook that is hooked on the fence. So that will have to come off too. Not too sure about this now and am laughing harder than ever, still shooing chickens.
    I finally decide to just grab the back of my bra and shirt and pull, if it tears it tears. I did, It came loose by ripping the hook out of the bra. As soon as I stand up, still laughing and shooing, I turn around to see my husband and his best friend Mike standing there watching me!!!
    Sure was glad I decided not to strip for them!!!

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    LOL...funny story!...[​IMG]..Wendy

3. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    [​IMG] Were they just sitting there [​IMG] ?

4. georgiegirl

Jun 15, 2008
    Rockdale TX
    Standing, they had just gotten there! Oh, and grinning from ear to ear!

5. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

*[​IMG] Men!! Damsel in distress, do they rush in to help?? Not anymore. Big thanks to Women's Lib, eh?? Now, they just stand around and gawk like idiots or laugh at you, and that's only if they don't have a video camera!!

6. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Argh. Stupid d/p.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  7. geckomama

geckomama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. georgiegirl

Jun 15, 2008
    Rockdale TX
    I almost wish they would have had a camera. Maybe I could have won some money on AFV!
    But in their defense, they had just walked into the yard. And it really was funny!!!

9. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Hmmm, yeah, I suppose a goodly amt. of shopping spree cash from AFV MIGHT make up for the death of chivalry-- a little bit. [​IMG]

10. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] That was good for a great laugh! Thanks for sharing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by