My gander is bleeding

Grassman 52

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 2, 2012
Ludlow Mass
I came home from work tonight and noticed that one of my ganders is bleeding around his penis - looks like it is hanging outside and bloody - Has anyone had the same issue - looks like he got hurt mating.

Last edited:
yes - I cleaned him with cool water last night and again today - looks like it has retracted a little, stopped bleeding and he seems better. Just have to wait and see.

yes - I cleaned him with cool water last night and again today - looks like it has retracted a little, stopped bleeding and he seems better. Just have to wait and see.
If you have some prep H or vitamin E to keep it lubed up so it doesn't dry out, that is very important it doesn't dry out.

This is the strangest thing, but just this week a friend was telling me about her first experience with geese, and this very thing happened to her. She ended up with 4 ganders and 2 geese, and out of inexperience and based on what the breeder told her to do, she penned them all together.

Well, she came home to find an injured gander with blood around the vent area. She separated him out and then a few days later, she witnessed a GOOSE grabbing the 2nd gander's penis as he was getting out of the pool. This time his man parts were very mangled and eventually dropped off. The first gander healed and went on to be fertile again.

I recently had a call duck with penis prolapse. I treated with terramycin eye antibiotics for 10 days. Hate to think I'd have to do that to a gander. The tiny duck was bad enough....
roll.png

This is the strangest thing, but just this week a friend was telling me about her first experience with geese, and this very thing happened to her. She ended up with 4 ganders and 2 geese, and out of inexperience and based on what the breeder told her to do, she penned them all together.

Well, she came home to find an injured gander with blood around the vent area. She separated him out and then a few days later, she witnessed a GOOSE grabbing the 2nd gander's penis as he was getting out of the pool. This time his man parts were very mangled and eventually dropped off. The first gander healed and went on to be fertile again.

I recently had a call duck with penis prolapse. I treated with terramycin eye antibiotics for 10 days. Hate to think I'd have to do that to a gander. The tiny duck was bad enough....
roll.png
What about the second gander is he okay now?

You are so sweet to be concerned about him Miss Lydia! I believe the 2nd gander healed up and was fine, but obviously no longer fertile.

I've had my little call drake separated for about a month now and still a little worried that I will have to remove the tip that is sortof scabby and dark.

Back
Top Bottom